It is simple to measure the internet speed check your internet connection. There are various ways to find out the speed of your internet connection, but one is through an internet speed check. This article gives you more information on how this works and other uses.
What is a internet speed test measures?
When you take a speed test and check the results, you are taking what is called a ping test. This shows you how much data can be delivered each second to your computer. The level at which the internet connection is measured depends heavily on the type of service that you have.
1) A hand held device will be able to measure all types of internet connections. If a device has a dial up internet connection, they can estimate the amount of data that they can send and receive.
2) A broadband or cable modem will only be able to measure speeds at which the provider allows them to get the information from the service provider. This means that the device can tell you how much data is delivered to you but not how much on the internet.
3) A satellite connection will also only be able to measure the amount of data from your provider. However, in this case, it is different because only one provider communicates with the satellite for all users so it is less complicated. To get around this problem, many satellite providers connect their system to a computer device which will then do a ping test on behalf of all users and provide an average result.
4) If you have a fibre optic line, they will be substantially slower than other connections because they are so fast.
How can I check my broadband internet speed?
There are three ways that you can check your internet connection speed using a device connected to the computer by USB or Ethernet cable:
1) Using an inbuilt LAN adapter for testing broadband speeds. Check out ‘Link’ for this device. You will need your username and password for your ISP at first, but after that you will be able to test your connection without having any additional problems with it.
2) Using a USB modem to test broadband speeds. You will need to get a USB modem for reviewing your internet connection before you can use the speed test that you want. You will also need to check out the device and make sure it meets the requirements and specifications set by your ISP.
3) Using an Ethernet cable connected to PC’s. The cable must be short enough so that it reaches far enough into the network socket and it is best to avoid using any other devices, such as a router at this time, because this may affect how well your pc reaches into the internet which will affect the final speed result.
You should use the type of internet service that you have because they are most likely able to provide accurate results. It also covers more information on how to find out the amount of bandwidth offered by a provider and what it might cost.