Do you want beautiful and even-toned skin having a radiant glow? Most people struggle to get a flawless complexion, but the lack of knowledge and myths about bleach hinder us from using bleaching agents. But the fact is bleaching is harmless, and also it aids your skin with several benefits. You might have also heard of a few benefits of using facial bleach, such as the removal of pigmentation, acne, blackheads, tan, and more. But how many of these are facts? To know more about the best bleach for the face,keep scrolling.
Here we have curated a complete guide to facial bleach.
What is bleach?
Bleach is a complex combination of several chemical compounds which lightens your skin tone, and removes dark spots, blemishes, and pigmentation.
Our skin produces melanin pigment that is responsible for skin colour. The darker skin tone contains more melanin as compared to the lighter one. Bleaching agent, available in cream form when applied to the face, reduces the melanin pigments and gives a fairer skin tone.
How does it work?
The working mechanism of bleaching agents varies from skin to skin, depending on the skin type and concerns. It works to control the melanin pigment present in your skin as the compound used in the formulation of bleach inhibits the mechanism of tyrosinase that catalyse melanin generation.
Benefits of bleach:
- It exfoliates the uppermost layer of your skin to remove dead skin cells
- It fades off the dark spots blemishes, tan, and acne scars.
- It improvises skin conditions by controlling acne conditions.
- It removes hyperpigmentation
- Lightens skin tone by colouring facial hair and hiding it temporarily.
Ingredients you must check in your Facial bleach:
An array of bleach facial kits are available in the market, but all may not give you desired results. If you are planning to introduce skin-lightening products to your skincare regimen for the long term, then you must be more considerate of the ingredients used in the formulation of facial bleach. Most of the bleaching cream is formulated with hydrogen peroxide, and few contain hydroquinone, retinoids, hypochlorite, etc.
If you are choosing a natural bleach for facethen the must-have ingredients are:
- Kojic Acid
- Ascorbic Acid
- Other Fruit Acids
A variety of bleach products are available in the market, but all may not serve you the desired results. To attain the best result, it is crucial to know the best way to bleach your skin type. Here is a guide to bleach every skin type.
Tips to bleach for dry skin:
- You need to start preparation two or three days prior to bleach. It is important for your skin to stay hydrated to abide by the effects of bleach. Hence, Moisturize your skin twice daily, and if your skin is flaky and extremely stretchy, then you can massage your skin with coconut or almond oil.
- Avoid using a harsh cleanser.
- Choose herbal bleach enriched with natural ingredients.
- Conduct a patch test 48 hours before you bleach your skin.
- Keep it for the time specified on the label.
- Wash with cool water
- Avoid scrubbing after bleaching.
- Apply moisturizer
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and apply sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful sun rays.
Tips to bleach oily and acne-prone skin:
- The main reason for breakouts is clogged pores. Bleaching is one of the most beneficial skincare solutions for acne-prone skin to unclog pores and fade stubborn acne scars.
- If you are having major breakouts and undergoing any treatment, then you must first consult a doctor to know the ingredients that are safe for your skin.
- Do a patch test before use, Conduct the test before 48 hours to check for irritation possibility.
- Use a gentle cleanser to remove impurities from your face.
- Wash with cold water and moisturize your skin after bleach.
Tips to bleach sensitive skin:
- Choose herbal bleach for sensitive skin having natural ingredients, such as turmeric, aloe vera, and a gentle bleaching agent.
- Check skin allergies before starting with bleach
- Keep your skin moisturized.
- Apply an ice pack or aloe vera gel on your face after bleaching
- Keep a window of 6-8 weeks between the application of bleach for sensitive skin.
Conducting a patch test before 48 hours is highly recommended before applying bleach on your face.
Once you have tested your bleach, now you can get started with the bleaching procedure.
Step 1: Prep your face:
Cleanse your face with a mild facewash to remove dirt and impurities. Choose a bleach formulated with the ingredients that suit your skin type.
Step 2: Apply bleach
Your bleach facial kitcomprises a cream and an activator in powdered form. Mix it well. Gently apply it to your face with the help of the spatula provided in the kit. Apply the cream evenly throughout your face.
Step 3: Leave the mixture on your face:
Apply a thin layer of bleach evenly on your face and neck. Leave the mixture for 15 minutes. Make sure you are removing the pack within the mentioned time to avoid skin irritation. While applying the bleach you must avoid the undereye and nostril area.
Step 4: Rinse off the bleach:
Rinse off the application after 15 minutes with cold water, or you can also use cotton balls dipped in cold water to remove the mask. Remove the cream gently and avoid scrubbing your face.
Step 5: Moisturize your skin:
Pat your skin with a soft and dry towel. Apply ice packs and then a gentle moisturizer on your face to soothe your skin.
Post bleach skincare:
- Post bleach your skin may get a bit sensitive to sunlight. Hence you must limit your exposure to the sun, immediately after bleaching.
- Although, sunlight is the main culprit for enhancing the mechanism of melanin production. Thus, it is recommended to apply sunscreen to protect your skin from harsh sunlight.
- Keep a gap of 4-8 weeks between bleaching your skin.
In a nutshell:
If you need glowing skin then adding facial bleach can be the best solution for you. It can help you in removing tan and dead skin cells from the surface of your skin and add radiance to your skin. There are several facial bleaches available at Health and Glow, from which you must select the best that serves you the desired results.