The internet is a vast and complex place. If you aren’t familiar with SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, it can be hard to navigate the world of online marketing. SEO companies Auckland can help you to navigate this complex world and create a successful online presence. But even if you don’t have the budget for a professional SEO company, many easy-to-implement SEO actions can improve your rankings quickly.
But all that changes when you break down the basics, like this article will do in just a few minutes. Here are five easy things you can do to improve your rankings on search engines like Google and Bing:
In this section, we’ll dive into each of these steps so that you know exactly what they mean and how they work together!
Create content with a purpose
- Create content that is useful and relevant to your audience.
- Create content that is engaging, which means it grabs attention and keeps readers reading until the end (you want them coming back for more).
- Make sure you’re creating unique, original content by avoiding duplicate material as much as possible.
- By citing any sources, you do use so that readers can easily find more information about them if they want to learn more or look up citations for their own research needs.
- You should also be consistent about publishing new articles on a regular basis, so people don’t forget about you in their search results!
Focus on personalisation
Personalisation is a key part of SEO. It helps you engage with your audience and improve the user experience, which ultimately leads to higher conversion rates. Here are some ways you can implement personalisation:
- Use data from behavioural signals to tailor content for different users (e.g., search history or product views)
- Personalise experiences based on user intent in the ad or page title
- Personalise ads based on previous interactions with content
Work on SEO for your images
There’s no denying that a picture is worth a thousand words, according to SEO companies Auckland. An image can capture your audience’s interest, or it may make them think of something specific. It can convey information and influence emotions. Images are powerful, and they play an important role in how people search online to make purchasing decisions.
And while images aren’t essential to every website or every page on your site, they are helpful in engaging your audience—and that means that they’re crucial when it comes to SEO. Here are some tips for making sure you’re optimising images for search:
- Make sure alt tags are accurate and descriptive, so Google understands what the image is about when it shows up in search results (especially important if you want people who see those pictures from Google Images to click through back to your site).
- Optimise for intent by using keywords in your title and caption (if applicable), as well as including them alongside keywords within the file name itself (e.g., “product-launch-201x” instead of just “product launch”).
Optimise for search intent
The next thing you need to do is optimise for search intent. The reason SEO Companies Auckland say this is because there are many different types of search intent, and it’s important that you know what they are—and how they can be used to improve your rankings.
- Some people want information about a specific product or service.
- Others want more general information on a topic, like what it’s used for and where they can buy it locally.
- Still others want reviews of other users who have tried the product in order to get an idea of whether or not it works well before making their own purchase decision (or even buying one at all).
The words used in queries will tell you what type of user is searching for something related to your business: “buy” indicates someone looking for products; “reviews” means someone wants feedback from other users before purchasing anything themselves; “price comparison tool” indicates someone wants help comparing prices across multiple merchants at once so he/she doesn’t waste time researching each one individually.
Use Google Search Console to improve your SEO
Google Search Console is a free tool that helps you monitor your site’s performance in Google Search. It can help you diagnose problems, fix them, and track the results of your efforts.
It provides insight into how Google crawls and indexes a site; how it performs in search results; various technical aspects of pages like redirects, external links, mobile usability and AMP validation status; index status history for every URL on the domain (including URLs added but not yet crawled); and more.
We hope this gave you some ideas on how to improve your SEO ranking. If you want more tips and tricks on how to do so, sign up for our newsletter!